Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I will survive

Dear Diary,

As of today, Sugar and I are officially on a break. It's not that we don't love each other and nothing says we might not get back together again some day, but for now we just need some space.

Sugar is just way too controlling. It's like I can't go anywhere without him. Not a day goes by when he won't leave me alone. I think it will just be good for us to have some time apart. I'm sure Sugar will see other people - but I'm ok with that.

We've had some good times, Sugar and I. It's going to be hard to live without him. My strategy will be one of distraction. I am going to try to be intrigued by others... to find beauty in places I haven't yet explored. Like Fennel, maybe. I saw him at the farmer's market yesterday and he looked SO good!

I might try to throw myself into work as a way of forgetting - somehow though, Sugar is on my mind most during the late hours of my shift.

For now, I have a bunch of sad breakup songs playing over and over in my mind...
I walk along the city streets
You used to walk along with me
And every step I take recalls
How much in love we used to be
Maybe just one more night... I can start tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment