Despite loud and insistent rumors to the contrary, Mario Batali tells TV Guide that he is definitely NOT quitting Iron Chef. "I'm taping two episodes of Iron Chef America in a few weeks," he says. "I'm the best Iron Chef, why would I quit?" Mmm... and modest too!
Contestants in the coming season, kicking off in November, include:
- John Besh (Restaurant August, Besh Steak, Luke and La Provence, New Orleans, LA)
- Chris Cosentino (Incanto, San Francisco, CA)
- Jill Davie (JOSIE, Santa Monica, CA)
- Traci Des Jardins (Jardiniere, Mijita and Acme Chophouse, San Francisco, CA)
- Gavin Kaysen (El Bizcocho at the Rancho Bernardo Inn, San Diego, CA)
- Morou Ouattara (Farrah Olivi, Washington, DC)
- Aaron Sanchez (Centrico and Paladar, New York, NY)
- and Michael Symon (Lola and Lolita, Cleveland, OH)
Judges will be Michael Ruhlman (cookbook author and food writer), Andrew Knowlton (Restaurant Editor of Bon Appetit magazine) and Donatella Arpaia (restaurateur and owner of davidburke&donatella and Anthos).