Wednesday, November 01, 2006

An Ode to the Hound

Just a quick note today to talk about the merits of a really great food-related site:

www.chowhound.com

I have turned to this food-obsessed forum many times -- and the hounds never failed to help me out in a pinch.

For example, when I was in Africa and wanted to bake a cake but had no mixer, blender, food processor or other kitchen gadget and only a finicky oven, the hounds pulled through with delicious, easy-to-make recipes.

Just last week I was looking for a place in New York where I could buy very small quantities of spices -- again, they didn't let me down! Within minutes I had my answer!

As I write this, hounds are discussing the best sushi in Philly, beloved but discontinued foods and favorite Thanksgiving recipes.

Chowhound describes itself as:
"...a community of people who doggedly seek out amazing food and drink experiences, then humbly share their finds with the world on Chowhound.com"

Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Weigh in...

    What are some of your best Chowhound experiences?

    ReplyDelete